Stork Diary.
to Share Stork Life Events

[Patient Testimonial] A Long Journey, A Solid Friendship-Sperm Donation Program

At the end of 2014, when I was planning to go watch the fireworks show at Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbour to celebre the new year, I got Maddy’s message. In this Message, she told me that she delivered a healthy baby. Therefore, I suddenly got an idea which is going to visit Maddy’s home and to see her baby.

How did I meet Maddy? The Answer is an international phone call from Hong Kong. In this phone call, I discovered why Maddy and her husband chose to go Taiwan for IVF treatment (In vitro fertilisation). Her husband has Azoospermia( which is the medical condition of a man whose semen contains no sperm. ) due to him getting mumps when he was a child. They wanted to do a sperm donation program. Then I started to help Maddy to figure out how to reduce the cost for doing IVF in the Taiwan, and plan a personal treatment schedule for Maddy(she just need to come to Taiwan only few times to finish this whole IVF treatment).

I had very hard time to understand Cantonese when I spoke with Maddy’s husband when we first met. Fortunately, Maddy translated what her husband said perfectly in Mandarin to me. It really helped us when we got into our first OPU (oocyte pick up) and BT(Blastocyst Transfer). However, the BT did not at first bring us good news. Maddy wasn’t pregnant, but she still kept her positive attitude and actively continued the next OPU.(because Maddy wants two babies and she only had one Embryo left at that time)

During Maddy’s second time treatment, she told me that her mom will come to Taiwan with her ,and they will stay in Taiwan for one month. Apparently, housing will be a problem for Maddy because there are few affordable Hotels in Taiwan for one month. Thus, I help her to find a short term rental. Eventually we became neighbors, with Maddy renting an apartment near my apartment.

After I met Maddy’ mom, I immediately know where Maddy got these positive attitude and optimistic personality. Maddy’s mom not only helped cheer Maddy up everyday, but also took care Maddy’s daily meals with her wonderful cooking(I was invited to have dinner with them couple times). A few weeks later, The outcome of this time’s OPU was great, we got 12 eggs. 8 out of 12 are successfully fertilized in the same day. Finally, Maddy got 6 good embryo. 15 days later, Maddy is pregnant. When Maddy was on her way home(Hongkong), I saw her husband come pick her up back. I know this baby is the best souvenir to them in this long trip.

As a IVF consultant, helping our customers to conceive is our job. However, I feel something more than the job this time. Maddy and me build a friendship through this job. Maddy now has an energetic little girl.


 Register:Oversea Form
 Facebook:e-Stork FB Page E-mail:en_service@icryobank.com WhatsApp:+886-905-737-501
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Stork Fertility Center Stork Fertility Center Author

POSTS