Stork Diary.
to Share Stork Life Events

2017 ESHRE in Geneva !!!


It's been full and interesting weeks in Switzerland, Europe. On June 30th, we spent around 11 hours from Taiwan to Zurich, and another 3 hours from Zurich to Geneva. There were six people in our "ESHRE team," including four embryologists and two reproductive geneticists. Such a big team!





Since I had both the poster and oral presentations at this conference, it was a seriously special experience for us. We all attended to the pre-congress course and main course, covering all aspects of IVF and pregnancy. We rent an apartment through Arbnb, and it looked cosy and lovely: three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a clean kitchen.


The local supermarket, COOP, was very near to our place. Thanks to COOP, we could prepare the meals with our colleagues together. I did not expect that we can really do something out of the lab, and the results showed awesome.




(No one can read tags, because it was written in French, lol. Don't worry, we still have our google.)





(I tried the yogurt in coffee taste, and I am sure that it was not my type.)



We had four days in ESHRE, including one day of pre-congress course. I took the part of genetics in reproduction, focusing on the talks related with DNAs, gene expression, PGS, and mitochondria ... etc. My own oral and poster topics were in PGS: one was the correlationship between the mosaicism and individual chromosome lengths; and another one was the effect of male factors in embryo ploidies. We took a photo in front of our e-poster, and I really appreciate our design group, since the poster looked very nice!





The oral presentation made me anxious for couple of weeks. I definitely got teary when I received the acceptance, though I felt both headache and stomachache before my session. I decided not to think about the people sat under the stage, and looked one of my colleague stood beside the entrance. It was good that I have finished everything now!



We stayed at the conference until the last minute of the last talk, and gave us a big applause! Then we traveled around the city of Geneva, visiting the University of Geneva and the riverside park.

(We just pretended that we were the college students. Maybe ph.D student? :D)


(Nice weather and pretty view relived my heart.)




(Kids were happy everywhere.)




(Full-view)

We did not cook for the last night, and decided to eat the "real" Siwss food. We choose the restaurant named "Les Armures," and ordered the pink wine for celebration! The location was close to the University of Geneva.







(Cheers!!)



Anyway, it was a wonderful trip with the Stork team! You were my best backups, and everyone was so functional. Thank you, guys. xoxo

(Our gentlemen, Duke, was holding the camera, not in the photo.)



Stork Fertility Center Stork Fertility Center Author

POSTS